November 4, 2021 within the framework of the project «Development of Higher Education to Support the Sustainability of Quality Agriculture and Food Processing Industries (AgroDev)» with the funded of European commission Erasmus + was held a meeting with the project manager of the project Irina Kulitane – from the Latvian University of Natural Sciences and Technologies at the Samarkand branch of the Tashkent State University of Economics. The main purpose of the visit is to organize a joint educational program at the Samarkand branch of the Tashkent State Economic University and exchange views on the prospects of the joint project. In particular, for the successful implementation of the «AgroDev» project, the following issues were considered and discussed:
- the importance of the project in accordance with the set priorities of the development strategy of Uzbekistan;
- advanced training of teachers in the field of higher education;
- an idea of the opportunities available for training, assessing primarily the need for modernization of curricula, thereby creating the necessary conditions for the learning environment;
- develop optimal methods and learning practices that later promote the implementation and effective management of sustainable agri-food production systems in Uzbekistan;
- developed and agreed on the plan of the program of stay and negotiations of the partners of both countries of the «AgroDev» project and the timing of the events;
- discussed the requirements and conditions and how, at the same time, you can protect the project participants from COVID-19.